The Laser Institute of America has made its official publication the Journal of Laser Applications® (JLA), an online-only journal, complete with new features for a broader audience. JLA is hosted on AIP Publishing’s robust Scitation online platform, providing the journal with greater functionality and the ability to leverage a wide range of valuable discoverability features. JLA now features eight topic sections, overseen by Editor-in-chief Reinhart Poprawe of the Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology in Aachen, Germany focusing on:
- High Precision Materials Processing with Ultrafast Lasers
- Laser Additive Manufacturing
- High Power Materials Processing with High Brightness Lasers
- Emerging Applications of New Wavelengths and Temporal Pulse Shaping
- Surface Modification
- Lasers in Nanomanufacturing/Nanophotonics & Thin Film Technology
JLA also features a faster peer-review process and a more functional website (http://jla.aip.org) that makes content easier to access and more interactive. Readers will find full-text HTML rendering featuring inline reference links and the ability to enlarge tables and figures by clicking on them. Among the new features are enhanced search functions with more options and better controls to explore returned content with more useful ways. Also, we have migrated to an online manuscript submission process. To access the Peer X-Press system follow these steps:
- Access the JLA website http://jla.aip.org
- Click on “Authors” tab
- Select “Submit Your Manuscript”
- You will be taken to the PXP website where you will be prompted to login (or create a username & password for first time users).
- Author submission instructions are available after logging in.
The JLA is published four times a year by the LIA in February, May, August and November. It is available to LIA members as a member beneift. To view the journal online, please make sure your membership is current.
For non-members of LIA, call the American Institute of Physics at 1-800-344-6902 for subscription information. To receive your JLA table of content e-mail alerts, sign up at http://lia.aip.org/alerting_services/toc_alerts